We will be doing Nails, Beaks, and WING TRIMS every 3-4 months so please call for an appointment.
All money brought in from grooming goes into the rescue account used for daily operations.
Small Birds (Parakeets, Cockatiels, and conures)
Med. Birds (Amazons, Greys, Eclectus)
Macaws and Cockatoos
IF you know that the bird is hard to handle there will be a $5 extra charge
IN HOME SERVICES are available
BOARDING is also available
SHORT TERM (15 days or less) paid up front.
$ 5 each for small birds
$10 each for Med. Birds
$15 each for Lg. birds
LONG TERM (16 days or More) will require a signed contract and 2 months paid up front. Bill is due first of every month. We hold the right not to renew the contract. All medical bills will be paid by you. If your bird is not picked up by the end of the contract and no fees have been paid the bird will go up for adoption.
Programs & Services
1. The re-homing of abused or unwanted parrots living in substandard conditions.
2. Assistance in the placement of birds whose guardians have had to give up their bird(s) in emergency situations.
3. Providing educational resources and advice for past, current and future avian owners.
4. Providing educational outreach to schools, groups and other organizations regarding the care and responsibilities of avian ownership.
5. Serving as a sanctuary and providing rehabilitation for birds not suitable for immediate adoption.
How to adopt parrot
If you're interested in adopting, you should start by filling out an application. You can send it via email
Send your application to:
You'll also need to schedule a visit to the rescue. Visits are normally scheduled for Saturday or Sunday, however we can usually schedule a week-night visit if necessary.
Please note that a visit to the rescue is required before we will consider placing a bird with you. We can not guarantee a perfect match your first trip out; the purpose of this visit is to see if you are compatible with the birds available at that time. If you have a specific species that you are interested in, you do have the option to be put on a ‘waiting list’, however please keep in mind that species alone does not determine where a bird is placed. You can also check our available page to see what birds we are currently seeking homes for. Please try to be on time for your visit.
A few things to be aware of:
1. We never place birds with smokers. This includes people who smoke only outside, at work, in the car, or anywhere.
2. We never ship birds anywhere.
3. We never place a bird with someone we haven't met, interviewed, and visited with, either here, in their home, or both.
4. We never place birds in breeding or resale situations.
5. If you adopt from us, you will sign a legally enforceable contract; you can read it here: adoption contract.
How to surrender a parrot
We normally don’t turn birds away, unless they are infected with contagious diseases, however we do need to plan ahead for any new arrivals. If you need to place a bird with us, please contact us first to assure that we have the necessary space and equipment to care for your feathered friend.
When a bird is placed with us, we also require that a surrender agreement and an intake form is completed prior to our accepting the bird. This assures that everyone involved understands the adoption process and we can better anticipate the needs of your bird.
We do not pay for birds or cages.
We do not assist in the sale of birds or cages to anyone for any reas